Invisible watermark!?

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Invisible watermark!?

Mensaje por Rein »

I very much doubt the existence of invisble watermarks! They are either there or not and often it is difficult to see them! It is possible that the margin of a reel has no watermark as the watermarks on the dandy-rolll did not reach these margins i.e the dandy-roll with the relevant part containing the attached figures is narrower than the reel of paper coming from the wire... It is oh so easy to assume a dirty dandy-roll that should have given a nice watermark but did not do this today...... ;)

I am studying the 1p Girasol now and there is supposed to be a S.O. in typography in the centre indicated by Bardi as M/Fin of the ZA 4 paper.

And indeed ALL my copies are indeed ZA 4 "M" [whether ZA2 = ZA4 is another story!] with the direction of paper horizontal but I do have 3 copies with the direction of paper vertical on very thin and flexible [delgado, blando] paper with NO watermark! As the direction of papers are different there is NO WAY these stamps could have come from the same sheets as the ZA4 "M"!!!!!! This must have been a seaprate batch of paper with NO Watermark!

Imagen

Imagen

The wire structure is ASymmetrical and vertical!!!! Whereas the normal SO stamp has a symmetrical, horizontal wire structure.

Imagen
Imagen

The surface of the paper at the back is very smooth and contains the usual minute aerial spots characteristic for the felt side of the paper! Should th epaper have had a watermark than the paper should be described as being transposed with watermark....Papel traspuesto

Imagen

Imagen

In contrast the Kupferschmidt paper - mate inmportado blando! - with a very clear watermark and symmetrical wire structure.

Imagen

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Invisible watermark!?

Mensaje por Rein »

Another "invisible":

Imagen
Imagen

Direction of printing L[eft] as all type XII S.O. in typography:

Imagen

And the "holes' in the surface of the felt side of the paper!

Imagen

to be continued ....
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”