Servicio Oficial - back of the book?

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Servicio Oficial - back of the book?

Mensaje por Rein »

The Servicio Oficial stamps can be found in the back of the book with a hundred different ways of spelling, settings, type-fonts, etc....

Whatever, the formal and postal background of these stamps, they can not be studied properly without accepting them as an integral part of the stamp production of Argentina!

The base stamps had been printed in typography, recess, offset-litho and photogravure, the text in typography, offset-litho and photogravure. In many cases you can not even talk of base stamps plus overprint as the production was simply a single run with two colours! Philatelists do not like this technical chit-chat! They prefer terms of the prehistorical times of 1840-1900....

One of the first things I met when starting to pick up collecting Argentina two years ago was discovering that the 20p JSM did not exist in offset-litho and that the 20p Servicio Oficial was no overprint!

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1415&p=7316#p7316

And looking back to these early postings of mine finding a total misinterpretation of photogravure features, that even now get people annoyed when discussing the direction of printing:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1312&start=9

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Servicio Oficial - back of the book?

Mensaje por Rein »

Göttig-Jalil have 16 different types of S.O. without caring for the size of the base stamp, without mentioning printing processes, etc..

Having a 23p Quebracho one needs to have them all together and then point out their differences in S.O. and the respective papers plus periods of use! And above all not separated from the stamps without S.O.!

Catalogues make a terrible mess! Not just GJ but also MT and before them VK! Although Kneitschel gives the best details he could come up with!

In the last years, the book by Bardi does not even deal with the S.O. on the P&R I series and the Manual of Pettigiani literally places the S.O. at the back of the book!!!!

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Some time ago I published my findings about the 50c Petroleo with the yellow background printed on top of the red main design! This way of printing was not restricted to the 50c but also other stamps showed this!

I got a strange feeling that the Casa de Moneda was doing a similar, unexpected order of colours for other stamps as well. I.e. the S.O. 's!

Should I be right, then - from a print technical view - what I wrote before in the above postings is even more proof of the ridiculous placing of the S.O. at the back of the book!

to be continued .....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 1959 20c Llama::

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

Black first!!!

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 1959 10c Yacare::

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

Black first as well!!!!!!

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 1959 50c Puma::

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 1957 5c J. Hernandez::

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

What can occur is that the ink does not always stick well enough on the black underground! So that only part of the other colour will be visible!

Whatever easy philatelic short talk, this is not an overprint but an underprint! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 1961 2p J. San Martin::

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

What can occur is that the ink does not always stick well enough on the black underground! So that only part of the other colour will be visible!

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 1952 10c Evita:

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

It seems that all S.O. stamps printed in 2-colour offset-litho in the 1952-1969 period have the S.O. in black printed first!

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 1952 20c Evita:

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

It seems that all S.O. stamps printed in 2-colour offset-litho in the 1952-1969 period have the S.O. in black printed first!

to be continued ....
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”