1940 Airmail

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: 1940 Airmail stamps

Mensaje por Rein »

Alejandro Pettovello escribió:Rein,

I think there is a mistake, photogravure watermark is "m", not "M"...

Alejandro,

yes and no!

The "m" relates to the watermark having the line of AЯ running parallel with the short side of the stamp! This is the concept of Bardi and Gomez [CEFILOZA]. I do NOT follow that as it does not consider the direction of paper being the first characteristic to be noted - first and always to be recognized! When the direction of paper runs along the long side of the stamp I use the "M" and when it runs parallel to the small side of the stamp I use "m"!

I can use the "m" and "M" in all rectangular stamps all over the world regardless of their having a watermark!

The Argentina no watermark stamps can not be described by Bardi's/Gomez' 'm'/"M"! In my system I can! The line of of AЯ in relation to the direction of paper will be fixed by my "parallel" or "orthogonal" watermark!

The airmail stamps have the orthogonal German [Stinnes] watermark and the direction of paper parallel to the long side, hence my "M"!

saludos, Rein
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Gomez can not use "m" or "M" here, he has to fall back on the description 'granulado paralelo al lado" or using ↔ or ↨ ....

I can easily use a "m" [al lado menor] or "M" [al lado mayor] ....

For stamps that have a square, circular or other unusual shape I need to fall back to the upright position in which we watch the stamp. "M" will be the vertical direction of paper, "m" the horizontal direction of paper in that particular position!

to be continued ...
Última edición por Rein el 18 Mar 2013 10:06, editado 1 vez en total.
Alejandro Pettovello
Usuario Verificado
Usuario Verificado
Colecciono: Argentina: clásicos (Buenos Aires: Cabecitas), KIDD, PyRI, Aéreos 1940_42
Canje de Sellos: Si

Mensaje por Alejandro Pettovello »

OK now I understand! Tkank you!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

1940 Airmail

Mensaje por Rein »

Sarcosis escribió:Consulta, encontre en mi stock Ae 43 Offset Mate RO//menor.
No lo veo catalogado, o no lo encuentro.
Dejo la muestra para compararlo con el de abajo que si es un tizado.

Imagen

Imagen

Pregunta, no sera lo que esta catalogado como ENCAPADO NORTEAMERICANO. (01)?

Muchas gracias
Sergio
How come we cannot tell the coated paper for sure??? Is a matter of experience? YES, I am afraid!

However the 1943 coated paper has a very peculiar paper wire with steep diagonals a an impression mostly at the front of the stamp that reminds us of the "rayado"...

In order to have a better view let's turn the stamps 90 degrees!

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: 1940 Airmail

Mensaje por Rein »

The stamp on the left - at the bottom with Sergio - is the coated US paper variant - orthogonal watermark and symmetrical paper wire in both cases but the Stinnes paper [Holandes] has a less steep diagonal!

Front:

Imagen

Back:

Imagen

to be continued ...
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
Stinnes paper was produced at Stinnes papermill in Heligossen, Germany. Why do you call it "holandés"? Moreover, I frankly doubt that the mate paper of the first stamp be from Stinnes.
But by the way: you have placed a milestone by determining the steepness of diagonals of holandés and norteamericano respectively. Now we can say for sure that the so called holandes is not uncouted norteamericano in spite of their resemblance,
José
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
Stinnes paper was produced at Stinnes papermill in Heligossen, Germany. Why do you call it "holandés"? Moreover, I frankly doubt that the mate paper of the first stamp be from Stinnes.
But by the way: you have placed a milestone by determining the steepness of diagonals of holandés and norteamericano respectively. Now we can say for sure that the so called holandes is not uncouted norteamericano in spite of their resemblance,
José
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Otin escribió:Rein,
José
José,

I do refer to the "traditional" names as well in order not to confuse, but may be I should not do that anymore and just refer to Stinnes/Hillegossen!

in this respect the merits should go to Guillermo! In his excellent work on the 5c Moreno and others!

http://filateliadigital.blogspot.nl/201 ... parte.html

saludos, Rein
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=5153&p=76442&hilit=airmail#p76442

Moderators can you merge these threads????

saludos, Rein
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Rein escribió:viewtopic.php?f=137&t=5153&p=76442&hilit=airmail#p76442

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=9477&p=82447#p82447

Moderators can you merge these threads????

saludos, Rein
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
Reading back post of the airmail 2nd set, I let you know that the 50c Mercurio in photogravure was reprinted in 1952 on WT paper rayado horizontal. First printing of 1942 was on grnulado vertical as shown in your in your early post. I had both printing proof at the CdM museum, Saludos,
José
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Otin escribió:Rein,
Reading back post of the airmail 2nd set, I let you know that the 50c Mercurio in photogravure was reprinted in 1952 on WT paper rayado horizontal. First printing of 1942 was on grnulado vertical as shown in your in your early post. I had both printing proof at the CdM museum, Saludos,
José
José,

In photogravure????? Not in offset-litho???

saludos, Rein
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”