Tizado varioloso = pockmarked coating

Discusiones, consultas e información sobre las Series Próceres y Riquezas II y III
Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Tizado varioloso = pockmarked coating

Mensaje por Rein »

One of the first things that struck me on studying the coated paper of these definitives was the occurence of small pits or holes in the surface of the 500peso Deer.

I found the following description rather appropriate:

variolosa
= 1. pockmarked marked by or as if by smallpox or acne or other eruptive skin disease;
= 2. pockmarked used of paved surfaces having holes or pits

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

I will start a systematic study of all stamps of this period from now on and will report here later!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Tizado varioloso = pockmarked coating

Mensaje por Rein »

I have the strong impresssion that all stamps issued in the period 1965-1968 printed in photogravure may have this pockmarked coating [tizado varioloso]. As according to Dario Bardi the national coated paper started in 1963, the beginning of TV may be even earlier.

So far I haven't seen any offset-litho printed stamps with TV, but the typography printed stamps do have Tv as well - in the JSM series the 40c, 8p, 10p and 20p.

BTW, the 20p JSM is a somewhat neglected stamp; not only the offset-litho version has not been included in the TM catalogue, nor has been the uncoated typographed version!
Responder

Volver a “"Próceres y Riquezas" II y III”