Información sobre series de sellos postales de Eva Perón
Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Satinado o Tizado???

Mensaje por Rein »

In one of his fine articles about the stamp papers of Argentina Dario A. Bardi had given as examples for the calandered [satinado] paper and the coated [tizado] paper stamps fromn this series of Evita Perón.

"Para ejemplificar los satinados podemos tomar el sello 523 que es el 45c.de la serie de Eva Perón de 1952 y como tizados los valores altos, esto es los 525 a 536 de la misma serie. "

I read this as that the 45c [in recess!] is on calandered paper and the 1-3p in photogravure [both without or with the name of Eva Perón] plus the 5-50p in recess are on coated paper!

All the recess-printed stamps [45c, 5-50p!] are on slightly coated paper [or even that may only be calandered] with a layer of varnish before the recess-printing took place. Mint stamps show the gloss on the white paper but not on the recessed lines. Used stamps often have no gloss or hardly any gloss left. Washed away varnish?

The case of the photogravure printed stamps is similar - slightly coated or calandered - and not always a varnish gloss it seems! Some like the 2p no-name has even on some used stamps a clearly visible gloss. Should there have been a real coating the direction of printing [ink flowing out towards the left side] must have been quite visible which is not.

As to the watermarks the 1-3p photogravure stamps have the parallel watermark with a clear AЯ and more or less vertical lines [rayado] as the direction of paper is horizontal ["m"]. The 45c has an orthogonal watermark whereas the 5-50p have the parallel watermark. In the recess-printed stamps it is hard to tell whether there are lines [rayado] as the pressure of the recess plates/cylinders of the Giori-press is too high.

As Bardi wrote the paper of the 45c is different from the paper of the 5-50p, but not because of the calandering or coating, but because of the watermark topology [parallel vs orthogonal].

The watermarked paper for the lower values [1-50c] - they are in offset-litho - is parallel with a clear AЯ and more or less horizontal lines [rayado] as the direction of paper is vertical ["M"]. This paper is very similar to the paper used for [part of] the 5c Jose San Martin definitive of 1945 and the State Airlines stamps [L.A.D.E] of 1946.

Imagen

In terms of national versus imported all must have been imported. Some lower values with yellow gum have "national" paper with an orthogonal watermark and a symmetrical paper wire! The watermark itself is hardly visible and the paper doesn't look that "crispy"...
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Re: Satinado o Tizado???

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
El Foro me pide que escriba en castellano así que después traduzco. El papel satinado es tan encapado como el tizado, ambos fueron provistos a la Casa de Moneda por Wiggings Teape & Alex Pirie from England pero es evidente que son diferentes. El "satinado" tiene un gramaje mnor: 55gr vs 50 del tizado, Además la filigrana tiene el sol ovalado (Q de Kneitschel, 10x11mm) yla trama del papel es distinta, por lo que pienso que ha sido hecho en otra Fourdrinier con tela y bailarin distintos, Sospecha que dicha firma podría haber hecho ese papel en otra planta (tal vez de un tercero) o con otra Fourdrinir.
El nombre satinado se lo dio un amigo mío que no aceptaba que un papel tan delgado fuera envapado y suponía que era papel común pero super caladrado. Así se lo dijo a Kneitchel y éste adoptó esa denominación. Si Ud quiere comprobar que ambos son encapados haga la
siguiente prueba. En una solución fuerte de lavandina, digamos aprox. 40% lavandina y 60% agua sumerja un Eva Perón de 45c junto con otro
de los de 1 a 3 pesos. Luego de unas horas, extráigalos de la solución y verá que si el encapado no se desprendió Ud. podrá sacarlo con el roce de sus dedos. El papel qudará n blanco.
Tal vez sea fácil para Ud. que está en Holanda averiguar si WT & AP tenian dos plantas en Inglaterra o dos Fourdriniers diferentes.

Foro ask me to write in Spanish and this is the translation. Satinado paper is as coated as the tizado, both were supplied o Casa de Moneda by Wiggings Teape & Alex Pirie from England but evidently are different. The "satinado" has a lesser weight: 55gr/sq.m vs 60 of the tizado. Besides the wmk has an oval sun -10x11mm, Q of Kneitschel- and the wire pattern, that´s why I think it has been manufactured in another Fourdrinier, perhaps of a third party, or another papermill.
The name satinado was given by a friend of mine that did not accept that such thin paper were coated then supposing it was plain paper but supercalendered. So he told that to Kneitschel who adpted such denomination. If you want to proof that both are coated make fallowing test. In a strong solutionof chlorine, let´s say 40% chlorine and 60% water aprox.,submerge a 45c Eva Peron together with one
of of the 1 to 3 pesos value. After some ours, take them out the solution and will see that if the coating did not detach you can do it by
rubbing with your fingers. Impression dissapears and paper remain white and uncoated.
Please let me know your if you received my yesterday's message,
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Otin escribió:Rein,
El Foro me pide que escriba en castellano así que después traduzco. El papel satinado es tan encapado como el tizado, ambos fueron provistos a la Casa de Moneda por Wiggings Teape & Alex Pirie from England pero es evidente que son diferentes. El "satinado" tiene un gramaje mnor: 55gr vs 50 del tizado, Además la filigrana tiene el sol ovalado (Q de Kneitschel, 10x11mm) yla trama del papel es distinta, por lo que pienso que ha sido hecho en otra Fourdrinier con tela y bailarin distintos, Sospecha que dicha firma podría haber hecho ese papel en otra planta (tal vez de un tercero) o con otra Fourdrinir.
El nombre satinado se lo dio un amigo mío que no aceptaba que un papel tan delgado fuera envapado y suponía que era papel común pero super caladrado. Así se lo dijo a Kneitchel y éste adoptó esa denominación. Si Ud quiere comprobar que ambos son encapados haga la
siguiente prueba. En una solución fuerte de lavandina, digamos aprox. 40% lavandina y 60% agua sumerja un Eva Perón de 45c junto con otro
de los de 1 a 3 pesos. Luego de unas horas, extráigalos de la solución y verá que si el encapado no se desprendió Ud. podrá sacarlo con el roce de sus dedos. El papel qudará n blanco.
Tal vez sea fácil para Ud. que está en Holanda averiguar si WT & AP tenian dos plantas en Inglaterra o dos Fourdriniers diferentes.

Foro ask me to write in Spanish and this is the translation. Satinado paper is as coated as the tizado, both were supplied o Casa de Moneda by Wiggings Teape & Alex Pirie from England but evidently are different. The "satinado" has a lesser weight: 55gr/sq.m vs 60 of the tizado. Besides the wmk has an oval sun -10x11mm, Q of Kneitschel- and the wire pattern, that´s why I think it has been manufactured in another Fourdrinier, perhaps of a third party, or another papermill.
The name satinado was given by a friend of mine that did not accept that such thin paper were coated then supposing it was plain paper but supercalendered. So he told that to Kneitschel who adpted such denomination. If you want to proof that both are coated make fallowing test. In a strong solutionof chlorine, let´s say 40% chlorine and 60% water aprox.,submerge a 45c Eva Peron together with one
of of the 1 to 3 pesos value. After some ours, take them out the solution and will see that if the coating did not detach you can do it by
rubbing with your fingers. Impression dissapears and paper remain white and uncoated.
Dear José,

I did receive the message of yesterday! That is, not a PM but a regular Foro posting. Thank you! I have already replied to that.

I do realize what the paper called "satinado" is, I can easily recognize it but it is NOT satinado in "terminis strictis" just as Dario Bardi keeps repeating [and he is right!]. I will not execute your chemical experiment as I was convinced ages ago that the "satinado" was really coated!

GOOGLE:

Estimado José,

Recibí el mensaje de ayer! Es decir, no una, sino un Foro PM regulares anuncio. Gracias! Ya he respondido a eso.

Me dan cuenta de lo que el papel llama "satinado" es que puede reconocer fácilmente, pero NO es satinado en "strictis terminis", así como Darío Bardi repite [y tiene razón!]. No voy a ejecutar el experimento químico como yo estaba convencido de edades hace que el "satinado" era realmente recubiertos con película!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Dear José,

"Maybe it is easy for you to see if WT Holland & AP had two plants in England or two different Fourdriniers."

I will try whatever I can find still both about the ALPAMIJ and Wiggins Teape; the ALPAMIJ had paper coming from the Gelder paper mills and that type of paper had been used for Dutch stamps as well. I wrote to you about it in a PM that I found 2 types of paper in the Dutch stamps comparable to the 1930-ies Argentinean Dutch papers...

GOOGLE:

Estimado José

"Tal vez sea fácil para ud. que está en Holanda averiguar si WT / AP tenian dos plantas en Inglaterra o dos Fourdriniers diferentes"

Voy a intentar todo lo que pueda encontrar todavía tanto sobre el ALPAMIJ y Wiggins Teape, el ALPAMIJ tenía papel procedentes de las fábricas de papel Gelder y que tipo de papel que se había utilizado para los sellos neerlandés. Yo escribí sobre esto en un PM que he encontrado 2 tipos de papel en los sellos neerlandés comparable a los papeles neerlandéses de los 1930-s sellos argentinos...
ocairo
Usuario Nuevo
Usuario Nuevo

Mensaje por ocairo »

Otin escribió:Rein,

Tizado o Satinado?
Hola, tengo una duda que surge seguramente por mi falta de conocimientos en el tema. Tengo una referencia que señala que en todos los sellos de 33 x 44mm cuando el RA es paralelo al lado mayor es satinado y en los otros casos es tizado. Pensé que así era. Sin embargo, revisando el sello de 976 de GJ (503), del cual tengo más de 30 usados, me encuentro con que en todos, el RA es paralelo al lado mayor, por lo que sería satinado según esta clasificación. Dado que supuestamente el común es el tizado, me gustaría preguntarle al foro su opinión para clarificar mi duda. Saludos y gracias.
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Ocairo:
Si la base de las letras RA son paralelas al lado mayor el papel es "tizado", si al lado menor "satinado". Este último papel es muy escaso y ello explica el valor de 30 veces el del tizado. Saludos,
Otin
Responder

Volver a “"Evita" 1952-1954”