Colecciono: Argentinas
Ordinarias en gral.
Inglaterra
España
Italia
Canje de Sellos: Si

Austrian and Dutch papers

Mensaje por stamps9407 »

Hello, I have a doubt on Austrian and Dutch paper, according my records Austrian (Austríaco) was symmetrical and Dutch (Holandés) asymmetrical, but I have dobuts now. What is the right paper mesh? Is there a table for all papers used in PyR I?
Thanks
Sergio
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Austrian and Dutch papers

Mensaje por Rein »

stamps9407 escribió:Hello, I have a doubt on Austrian and Dutch paper, according my records Austrian (Austríaco) was symmetrical and Dutch (Holandés) asymmetrical, but I have dobuts now. What is the right paper mesh? Is there a table for all papers used in PyR I?
Thanks
Sergio
Sergio,

everything before 1944 - in Argentina stamps - had a SYMMETRICAL paper wire! And that includes Austrriaco, Holandés etc.

Since 1944 we had:

Wiggins Teape Rayado Vertical = ASYMMETRICAL, and so were the WT Rayado Horizontal! Both with or without, coating [including the delgado]. The Italian paper [Rayos Rectos nitidos] was also asymmetrical! The unwatermarked are all symmetrical! The Zárate papers had both asymmetrical and symmetrical wires used... The Kupferschmidt uncoated paper was symmetrical!

And that covers practically everything till 1970....

saludos, Rein
stamps9407
Usuario Verificado
Usuario Verificado
Colecciono: Argentinas
Ordinarias en gral.
Inglaterra
España
Italia
Canje de Sellos: Si

Mensaje por stamps9407 »

So if both Dutch and Autrian are Symmetrical and both are perpendicular to watermark, is the distance between sun the only difference?.

Saludos
Sergio
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

stamps9407 escribió:So if both Dutch and Austrian are Symmetrical and both are perpendicular to watermark, is the distance between sun the only difference?.

Saludos
Sergio
Sergio,

yes, both are orthogonal watermarks!

Different is the size/diameter of the suns!

I will have a look to see the two together on one scan! Just a bit of patience.... :)

saludos, Rein
Responder

Volver a “Papers and printing methods”