Mexico Exporta

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Mexico Exporta

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

The wire structure is a very typical wire structure for Harrison and Sons, Ltd, since 1972! Denoted by me since the 1970-ies as "IIIa" .
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Sorting out my Mexico Exporta and comparing it to what is written in the the available lists I can find, I get stunned by the lack of knowledge on the matter of paper!?

Etiangui:
PAPEL # 9 : Papel grueso ( 100g / m2 ), Filigrana = "Mex-Mex", Satinado, AN = FL blanco violaceo, RV = FL blanco violaceo ( 1988, 1991 )

http://www.galeon.com/timbresdemexico/m ... erie09.htm:
9a. serie 1988-91
Papel: Satinado con fibras de rayón 100 gms/m²
Goma: Brillante
Luminiscencia: Fluorescencia anverso
Filigrana: MEX-MEX y Águila en Círculo Abierto (como en la 2a. serie)
Perforación: 14

To me it is obvious that this type of paper with its coloured fibers is UNCOATED! So WHO found out about it being "satinado"????
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

Papel rayado!! Asymmetrical paper wire structure!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Rein escribió:Imagen

Imagen
Thanks to filatemusico [José leal] we now know this paper came from Wiggins Teape!

http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/mexico/Mex ... 5_1985.xls
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Serie 1- Americano and Samuel Jones But I am not sure if Samuel Jones really was used in this series mainly in Partes Automotrice and Zapatos.
Serie 2.- Samuel Jones, H.L.S.L, Fiscal.
Serie 3.- Woodfree W.T.O.S. 80g/m2
Serie 4.- W.T.O.S.L (H2-56 B-P.V.A) 97g/m2
Serie 5 y 6.- Bond blanco Ingles P.V.A. 85g/m2
Serie 7.- Papel Gravure P.V.A. 97g/m2
De las otras series no tengo ningún dato.
Rein, can you tell us something about these paper mills? please.
José,

this is a mix of quality descriptions, printing methods, paper mills and weights...

Americano doesn‘t say much! May even be a quality description such as Bond. And so is woodfree.

Samuel Jones, Wiggins Teape and Henry&Leigh Slater are English paper mills.

Gravure is English for photogravure and in the case of paper 7, it is clear to me - thanks to a special characteristic in the surface of the coating I found in most stamp papers from Harrison&Sons!

I am still studying but it would not surprise me if paper 1 and paper 5 have the same source!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Paper 1 - supposedly Americano (but for the 50c) - has a coating that was grilled!

You can see the fine „Riffelung“ or „gofrado“ that we normally expect - if at all - in the gumming!

The back of the paper shows a smooth surface and the tiny craters. This is also there in paper 5! It is strange - or logical - that I do not have the 50c in paper 1 yet!

From the table in the Excel file José supplied it also follows that there is NO technical difference between paper 5 and paper 6!!!! Apart from the OBA's: 5 is OBA-free, 6 has OBA!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The Harrison&Sons paper (#7) shows very thin, sharply cut lines parallel to the direction of paper. More or less 10 lines/mm. Once you know what to look for, you will recognize them It is not easy to scan them so the result will help, but I tried.... As I said before the coating is there, but hardly shiny!

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Arturo de la Garza uses the term "papel acanalado" for stamps of the 2nd series.

Papel Acanalado or ribbed cardboard does NOT exist in stamp printing let alone in the Mexico Exporta!

As most stamp papers come from paper mills using a long wire, the wire structure often leaves an impression on the wire side of the paper. Usually it was described as granulado while the wire structure represented the linen-binding or rayado when the wire structure represented the twill-binding. After 1970 we can expect more complex bindings and even multi-layer bindings. So far so good, the long threads of the wire, parallel to the direction of paper are often of a density of about 30 per cm. These threads can show!!! Not always as clear! In the Mexico Exporta series we can expect them to be horizontal. Vertical lines -about 20 per cm - can be found as well.... and are often a bit askew. i.e. not strictly vertical.

The lines - threads - of the paper wire are ALWAYS there! The fact that we may see them sometimes more clearly does NOT make it a new type of paper!

What does make a new type of paper is when we see a change from symmetrical to asymmetrical wire structure or vice versa. Or the occurrence of a complex binding - like we can clearly see in paper #3!!!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Arturo De la Garza:
Bien Rein.- Es un gusto encontrar que defiendes un punto de vista sin comprenderlo, el: ¡Papel acanalado vertical angosto "SI existe", en la 2° Emisión solamente!

Muchos sellos he revisado de esta serie y aunque fui el pionero en este clasificación, todos los filatelistas que se han adentrado en este tema están de acuerdo de que existe el papel acanalado en la 2° Emisión, y efectivamente existe desde 1963 en la serie A y Arquitectura sobre todo en los sellos ordinarios,

¡Pero! La cuestión es por ahora en los sellos de exporta de la 2° Emisión con marca de agua

Ahora lo que infieres del papel, ¡No! Se da en ninguna otra emisión de la Exporta, así que estas parcialmente desviado en tus observaciones, que con gusto y un poco de paciencia de ambas partes, puedo explicarte las diferencias en este papel, que es difícil de fotografiar, pero trataré con una nueva técnica de fotografiarlo para ayudarte a que te des cuenta de esta clasificación.

Ahora si entendí bien en lo que dices, DEL PAPEL GRANULADO, si se encuentra en la 4° Emisión como en la 9° Emisión principalmente, regresando a la 2° Emisión el papel más escaso es el papel liso en fosforescencia Blanca por el anverso, hay piezas o valores faciales sumamente escasos para detectarlos, tal vez sea el motivo de que NO LOS CONOSCAS, por tal no puedes diferenciar correctamente este papel, pero con gusto te puedo enviar algunos del 80c de regalo solo para que los detectes y comprendas bien esta serie de la México Exporta.

Por otro lado la foto que expones, no es de exporta y no es papel acanalado, es un papel con grano en rombo, que no es de la Serie de México Exporta, más parece un sello conmemorativo de los 40 sin ser exacto.
Saludos y si alguien se lo traduce sería bueno, yo por ahora ando de prisa.
It is obvious that my provocation evoked some irritation. I hope to show with my scans that I was right.....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Arturo de la Garza did give us a more specialized subdivision of paper #2:

Quoting Arturo:
"En realidad bajo la luz de observar los sellos, podemos dilucidar 4 papeles diferentes, por su características:
Papel Acanalado Vertical.
Papel Liso
Papel Estrella
Papel Acanalado Translucido en fondo negro"
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The first type of paper is what I would call asymmetrical wire structure with an orthogonal watermark or for Argentina readers: rayado horizontal!

I have no idea what Papel Liso is!? Which side of the stamp is supposed to be smooth?

Papel Estrella is not a type of paper of its own and surely belongs to some other type?! The acanalado?

The 4th type with translucido is part of the 1st type of paper and I am not sure whether there is a sharp distinction! For the below 50c pieces there is quite a range of translucidity!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 4p and the 10p:

Imagen

The 2p50 and the 50c:

Imagen

Both 50c:

Imagen

All - but fior the 4p! - asymmetrical paper wire structure with an orthogonal watermark - the line of MEX-MEX is perpendicular to the direction of paper! But the line of MEX-MEX runs parallel to the horizontal lines!

Where in Mexico this was coined by Arturo "papel acanalado" Argentina philately simply would refer to it as: Rayado Horizontal!

The 4p has a pecular diagonal - at -40 degrees!- that does NOT reflects the twill-binding!!!

It turns out that are several face values having this type of wire structure!
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”